Both these models feature a heat exchange convection chamber, with the firebox sitting inside a second outer casing with a cavity between the two. Cool air from the room is drawn in at the base of the stove and heated before rising out of the top of the stove into the room, keeping the mantle cooler.
Unlike ordinary stoves, which only emit heat in straight lines, ESSE convector stoves emit both radiation and a continuous gentle stream of hot air, evenly heating every corner of the room.
With a slightly lower heat output of 4kW, the 301 can fit straight into a standard fireplace. But the larger firebox of the 350, which delivers 5kW, means the back firebrick needs to be removed.
- Construction Steel / Cast Iron
- Flue Outlet Class 1 Chimney
- Flue Pipe Diameter 6″ (150mm)
- External Riddling? Yes
- Suitable for Continuous Burning? Yes
- Pre-heated Sedcondary Airwash? Yes
- Afterburn™ System? No
- Operating range (depending on fuel type & settings) Up to 5KW
- Additional Room Vent Required No