Stove Doctor Ltd (“we”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal information and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”), the data controller is Stove Doctor Ltd, 1 Hill Cottage, Hill Road, Netherburn, Lanarkshire, ML9 3DJ.
2. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
• Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site at www.stovedoctorscotland.com (our site). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services.
• Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, click tracking, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources that you access.
• The correspondence you provide if you contact us.
• Information that you provide in response to any surveys which we provide to you for research purposes.
• Information you provide when you report a problem with our site.
3. IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system and business administration and for usage monitoring.
This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
The information below explains the cookies we use
First Party Cookies. This Site is built on a WordPress platform, which incorporates certain first party cookies to gather information from visitors. A first party cookie, generally, is a cookie we issue that gathers information only we can see. For example, we issue you a first party cookie when you comment on a post that notes your name, email address, and website URL.
Google Tracking. We use certain Google programs to help us analyze the traffic to this Site. Such programs may include, but are not limited to, Google Analytics Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting, and Integrated services that require Google Analytics to collect data via cookies and identifiers. You may opt out of this tracking by visiting https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/ and http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ .
Other Third Party Tracking. We allow third-party companies to collect certain anonymous information when you visit our website. These companies and programs, including Google and Facebook, may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g. ads you click versus those you don’t, the type of browser you use, etc.) during your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioural advertising practice visit the NAI at http://www.networkadvertising.org . To opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/ which will automatically detect and opt-out of a majority of the tracking programs.
4. Where we store your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our site. Any transmission is at your own risk.
Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
5. Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
• To notify you about changes to our service.
• We may contact you by mail, telephone, e-mail or other electronic messaging service with information, products or services. By providing us with your address, telephone numbers or e-mail address, you consent to being contacted by these methods for these purposes.
• Sale of Information: Should we decide to sell all or part of our business or this Site at some point in the future, your Personal Information will be included as an asset in the transfer of the business to the new owner.
We may keep your personal information for a reasonable period for these purposes.
6. Disclosure of your information
7. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
If you do not wish to receive further communication from us please write to Stove Doctor Ltd, 1 Hill Cottage, Hill Road, Netherburn, Lanarkshire, ML9 3 or use the contact form.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from other websites operated by third parties. These are provided for your information and convenience only.
If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
Please check these policies before you submit any personal information to these websites.
9. Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you.
Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Your subject access request should be addressed to Stove Doctor Ltd, 1 Hill Cottage, Hill Road, Netherburn, Lanarkshire, ML9 3DJ or use our contact form.
If your personal details change, if you change your mind about any of your marketing preferences or if you have any queries about how we use your personal information, please contact us at the above address.